Bora Bora Residency 2018/19
Frist: Sonntag, 04. Februar 2018
Bora Bora Residency Centre launches the first open call to submit proposals for projects to be researched and/or developed in season 2018-19 (August 2018 to June 2019). Residencies are open to professional dance artists or dance ensembles or stage directors with a strong choreographic idea from all over the world.
Bora Bora Residency Centre selects the residents through a focus on artistic quality, depth and innovation. We also have a particular interest in artists who wants to interact with the host (partner venues or folk high schools) and the public connected to the host (students, artists or general public).
We customize each residency after an analytic dialogue to explore your artistic focus in the residency and secure that the residency design supports this focus.
If selected Bora Bora Residency Centre will provide
– 2-3 weeks studio time
– Accommodation provided for up to 4 artists/collaborators
– A fee of 875 euro per week per artist
– Communication services as part of the Bora Bora Community with online artists database, listing in newsletter and follow up listings about future residencies, co-production and premieres in the years to come
If required, we can also provide
– Feedback from in house dramaturgs
– Feedback from external mentor/outside eye
– In house tech support
– Cooperation with external partners with in the field of new technology, education, research and outreach
As a resident Bora Bora Residency Centre we request you to
– Deliver a class or workshop for the local students or artists
– Interact with the local dance community or audience through a sharing or talk about your work
– Contribute with info on your work for our website and newsletter
– Include the Bora Bora Residency Centre on all future publicity materials relating to the work resulting from your residency
– Give feedback to us on the process of your residency