Compass Festival Artist Residencies 2019
Frist: Freitag, 30. November 2018
Compass Live Art invites residency proposals from artists working in any medium whose practice is based in public engagement - artists who are interested in collaborating with the public to make work. Selected artists will be invited to Leeds in 2019 to develop ideas over 2-3 weeks in a mixture of studio time and public-facing activity.
Projects may be inspired by a particular theme, idea or inquiry or a particular place or community. They must hold the public at their heart and require interaction and engagement to complete or animate them.
These residencies will be run with a view to possible commissioning of new artistic projects for presentation in Compass Festival 2020.
We anticipate facilitating 2 residencies through this open call. One residency will be for a UK-based artist and another will be for an international artist, made possible through support from Leeds 2023.
Applying for a residency
Your proposal should include:
- A description of the idea you want to explore through residency (300 words)
- Why you want to pursue this idea (200 words)
- What you want to achieve through the residency (200 words)
- Examples of past work that prove a track record of strong public engagement (short description and links)
- An indication of the people or groups you would want to connect with in Leeds
- An indication of when you would like to undertake the residency during 2019
- A brief budget outline.
For international artists, applications for projects that focus on children and young people will be given priority.
Compass Festival is able to provide budgets of £5-8k per residency to include artist fees, per diems, travel, accommodation, research and artistic materials.
- Tags: International