Genius Loci Weimar Festival 2020 // Call for Walk Acts
Frist: Mittwoch, 30. September 2020
Call for submissions for walk acts and performances
We are looking for ideas and concepts for the realization of walk acts, installations or performances during our festival from 27-29 November 2020.
Genius Loci Weimar provides a platform for your projects in the fields of multimedia, performance, light art or similar with the walk acts along the festival route. In an evening walk, festival guests can visit all festival stations from 6 pm till midnight. The stations link this year‘s main locations Marstall, Goethe- and Schiller-Archiv and Altenburg and the entire festival route, which this year is being walked in a guided direction.
YOUR IDEAS FOR THE FESTIVAL ROUTE 2020
Your project can be set at the following locations: 01 Kegelplatz, 02 Parking bay , 03 Grassland on the Riverside Ilm , 04 Passage along the Ilm, 05 Mirror Skulpture, 06 Kegelbrücke, 07 Über dem Kegeltor, 08 Grassland Jenaer Straße.
For more information about the locations see below.
Conditions for your submission:
- The project must be weather-resistant.
- The project must be available during the whole weekend from 27 to 29 November 2020, daily between 6pm and midnight.
- During the day, the installation may have to be dismantled or secured (road traffic and public access).
- The project must work with many people in the streets, it must be possible for the spectators to keep this year's distance rules.
- We offer a budget for project realization; accommodation will be paid for.
- The duration of the performance should be 5 minutes.