K3 Choreographer Exchange Program
Frist: Sonntag, 08. April 2018
For the third time after 2016 and 2017, K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg and Seoul Dance Center cooperate in exchanging choreographers. While a Korean choreographer will work at K3 (in the frame of Treffen Total) from June 25 to July 24 2018, Seoul Dance Center will host a choreographer from Germany to be in Seoul from August 6 to September 4 2018. For the details of the stay please have a look below.
The choreographer should have experience of several professional dance projects (after academic studies) and should be working in Hamburg on a regular basis.
Applications (in English) initially go to K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg before Seoul Dance Center will choose.
Deadline for applications: April 8 2018
- Period of Residency : August 2018 (one month)
- Support details
- Facilities: Rehearsal Space up to four hours a day, an individual hostel with shared toilet at the Seoul Dance Center
- Program: Exploring Korean contemporary arts including meetings with artists and arts professionals, attending dance performances and exhibitions (event will be scheduled once or twice a week), choreography workshop together with around six Korean and international artists including the artist from Germany for about two weeks
- If a German choreographer has specific research plan during the residency period, SDC will give him or her information for the plan.
- If there are workshops or classes for dance artists during the residency period, it is free to attend.
- It might be possible to teach a class, lead a workshop, or have a showcase at the SDC.
- Financial details
- per diem: 24€/day, paid in South Korean Won
- travel paid by K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg
- Description of your work/approach to work
- motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- up to 5 video links