Frist: Freitag, 31. Januar 2020
Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen invites once a year visual and media artists, art critics, theorists, and curators to apply for a fellowship. The competition for a fellowship is usually held during the months of November until April. Candidates can apply for a five-month fellowship.
The closing date for submissions for a fellowship in 2020–2021 (5 October, 2020 – 12 June, 2021) will be Fri 31 January, 2020.
With its Fellowship Program for Art and Theory, Büchsenhausen promotes internationally relevant artistic production, research, and discussion in the region of Tyrol. The program is based on the idea of generating and maintaining a context for production and discussion, in which artists and theorists can connect and reflect on international art and societal discourses in relation to local topics and issues. At the same time, it affords the opportunity for an artistic laboratory of experimentation, where new artistic practices and strategies may be tried out.
• a monetary award of EUR 3,700;
• an individual studio for working and living, furnished with a large shared kitchen;
• a production budget for the realization of the submitted proposal;
• a budget for inviting experts to Büchsenhausen for the purpose of professional exchange;
• a budget for covering the own travel costs (in relation to the Fellowship Program);
• the opportunity for a group exhibition at the end of the fellowship;
• free access to the ‚Lab‘, the project/gallery space;
• free use of the available multimedia production equipment in the ‚Lab‘;
• free Highspeed-DSL/WLAN Internet access;
• professional artistic advice;
• technical advice if required.
Professional visual/media artists, art theorists, art critics, and curators from all over the world are eligible for the fellowship.
- Tags: International