Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen 2018
Frist: Freitag, 26. Januar 2018
Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen invites visual and media artists, art critics, theorists, and curators to apply for a fellowship in 2018–2019 (1 October 2018–2 June 2019). Candidates can apply for a five-month fellowship.
Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen is a post-graduate center for production, research and exchange in the fields of visual arts and art theory. Within the framework of the Fellowship Program for Art and Theory, the Künstlerhaus provides a platform that facilitates the development and production of artistic and art-theoretical projects in a critical context. At the same time, it offers a forum for direct exchange between professionals—artists, theoreticians, critics, and curators—from the region and abroad, as well as a point of interaction with local, interested audiences.
With its Fellowship Program for Art and Theory, Büchsenhausen promotes internationally relevant artistic production, research, and discussion in the region of Tyrol.
The program’s aims are:
• to promote and relay a critical, socially relevant production of knowledge in art and art theory;
• to produce, through the fellowship projects, qualified discourses on art and society within the local and global contexts;
• to enable the transfer of knowledge between the field of art and other public spheres outside the art context;
• to facilitate exchange between cultural producers in the visual arts and beyond (creating a network of experts).
• a money award of EUR 3,200;
• an individual studio for working and living, furnished with a large shared kitchen;
• a production budget for the realization of the submitted proposal;
• a budget for inviting experts to Büchsenhausen for the purpose of professional exchange;
• a budget for covering the own travel costs;
• the opportunity for a group exhibition at the end of the fellowship;
• free access to the ‚Lab‘, the project/gallery space;
• free use of the available multimedia production equipment in the ‚Lab‘;
• free Highspeed-DSL/WLAN Internet access;
• professional artistic advice;
• technical advice if required.
Professional visual/media artists, art theorists, art critics, and curators from all over the world are eligible for the fellowship.
The application must include a concrete work proposition. Work on the submitted proposal forms the core of each fellow’s activities during his/her stay in Büchsenhausen. A description of a series of public events intended to accompany the individual work during the duration of the fellowship (up to three events) is also an integral part of the working proposal. If the application is successful, the fellows are required to specify the details of the presentation series and carry out the proposed program.
The fellows commit themselves to be present at Büchsenhausen for the duration of the fellowship. Working knowledge of English is required.
- Tags: International