Punto y Raya Festival
Frist: Sonntag, 31. Juli 2016
This call for entries is open to short films built up entirely with non-representational imagery. Only Dots & Lines as ends in themselves!
We invite authors to focus on the expressivity of all the constituent elements of audiovisual art in its purest state: Colour, Motion, Form & Sound.
Participation is free.
· The films must be made entirely with abstract imagery, avoiding representation.
· You can use any technique you want: drawing, video composition, cgi, scratch, op·art, stop·motion, camera·less... · The Soundtrack cannot feature any words. If you're using a song, this must be completely instrumental or feature non·narrative voices [that is, no lyrics!].
· Maximum running time is 8 minutes.
· We strongly advise you to enter your film/s in FULL HD / 1080p (1920 x 1080 / 24fps / progressive scan), as we'll screen all the selected works in that resolution. > Appraisement Criteria
· The intrinsic relationship between the Visual and the Sound tracks, and the quality and depth of the exploration of such relationship (40%).
· The pictorial expressivity of the visuals, in its use of colour/B&W, form and movement (20%).
· The work and exploration in the soundtrack composition (20%).
· The concept’s originality; how far and deep does the author take it, independently of whether s/he is exploring pure conceptual form, aesthetical expression and/or narrative (20%).
Punto y Raya Festival 2016 will take place from October 20th through 23rd at ZKM (Zentrum für Kunst und Medientchnologie) in Karlsruhe, Germany.