SPRINGBACK ACADEMY 2017
Frist: Montag, 27. Februar 2017
Open call for budding dance writers to review Spring Forward Festival 2017 performances in Aarhus, Denmark 28-30 April.
A project designed to stimulate dialogue about dance and performance whilst striving to improve and promote written criticism online.
Under the guidance of four experienced dance writers, participants have the chance to create, shape and share conversations about dance and hone their critical writing skills for a number of different formats. It's a fast-track way to gain experience and technique in responsible, effective, attractive dance criticism as well as to explore and understand the opportunities that digital publishing has to offer.
If selected for the project, Aerowaves will provide mentorship, accommodation and hospitality. Participants will be required to organise and fund their own return travel to Aarhus. Aerowaves will organise local travel to and from Bilund or Aarhus airports.
What Springback Academy 2017 will entail:
We are looking for up to 10 opinionated people with an interest in, or some prior experience of writing about dance.
How to apply:
• Send us a summary of your experience in critical review writing (140 words or less).
• Send us a sample review (in English) of a dance performance you have seen (140 words or less). This can be an existing review or one you've written especially for this application.
• Tell us in 140 words or less why you want to participate in Springback Academy 2017.
• Tell us in 140 words or less about your local dance scene.
• Tell us your potential arrival and departure date and time.